Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar

4/12/15
Trek Day 3 Acclimatization day in Namche Bazar

I find it amazing how the mind works and one can forget how painful or difficult an experience was and do it over again. For example childbirth, how many women swore never to do it again. I also had the perfect children, but my children themselves keep telling me I must have forgotten. As for trekking to Mt Everest Base Camp I obviously forgot how challenging that it is. My recollection was that I was not sore during the ascent, we'll let me tell you...

Today we trekked to Everest View Hotel and the climb was totally uphill. As per my norm, I'm last as usual. Lucky for me, that's how I've become great buddies with the lead guide who hangs in the back and monitors and supports the trekkers.

The clouds did not allow for us to see Mt Everest today, but we were able to enjoy the Himalayan range while having tea. Due to the steepness of the descent and the gravel on the uneven rock steps both Rob and I took turns slipping and falling.

The afternoon and evening consisted of lunch, nap, dinner and bed.




No comments:

Post a Comment