Sunday, April 12, 2015

Meeting Old and New Friends in Kathmandu


4/8/15 Touring in Kathmandu

I had great pleasure in meeting climbers who plan to summit Mt Everest this season. They are David Liano, from Mexico and Ernesto Olivares Miranda, Rodrigo Lara Sirdar [Chilean] Everest Expedition and their cinematographer Fernando Bòrquez,. The website for their documentary is www.Everset2015.cl.

As I was waiting to go on tour to Bhaktapur with some of Jiban's clients I ran into a couple of my previous guides, Lalit and Lok. I had chatted with Lalit prior to coming to Kathmandu and knew that I would see him somewhere.

I don't know what kind of impression that I give, but Jiban instructed me to not get in a fight with his Saudi Arabian and Lebanese clients. I said, why would you say that? His response "you are American."  Hmmmm, where does one go with that? I behaved myself perfectly welI and had a wonderful time with this group. They left a day ahead of our group with Lalit, Lok and Sapan Ghimire (Jiban's son).



No comments:

Post a Comment